Eau Claire InfoSec was formed in November of 2017 with the aspirations of creating an active membership of individuals which have a shared interest in information security. This group is a platform that we can come together to help facilitate the sharing of knowledge around the many different topics of cyber security to the local residents and businesses of Eau Claire, Wisconsin and surrounding cities. This group was formed by Kevin Bryant and Travis Robelia with the following 5 main objectives.
- Help attendees gain an awareness and better understanding of actual hacker techniques that are putting people and companies at risk.
- Help attendees gain a better understanding of how to effectively defend themselves and their companies from modern day cyber threats.
- Help attendees gain a better understanding of how other local companies are effectively defending themselves so that we can learn from each others successes and mistakes.
- Help improve the cyber security for the local Eau Claire businesses and surrounding cities.
- Create a platform where relationships can be formed with other local people interested in Information Security.
EC InfoSec meets as a group about once a month. During this Meetup we have a member (or guest speaker) present on a topic around information for about an hour. We socialize before and after the presentation. If you would like to attend our next Meetup, please see our Join Us page for more details. If you would like to see EC InfoSec grow and benefit more people and local companies, and you are wondering how you can assist in the above mission – please see our Sponsors & Donations page. If you have questions that you would like answered get in contact with us.
ECInfoSec is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. Regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants. ECInfoSec participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event at the discretion of the organizers. To report an incident, use our website’s Contact Us form providing sufficient information. To submit an anonymous complaint, use the same form (just fill in false contact information.)