Sponsors & Donations
EC InfoSec exists only by the efforts of its members that pour in the time and energy in helping each other and the local community with the complex topics of Cyber Security. We run a lean shop with not a lot of expenses, but we do indeed have them. Check out our Expenses & Income on our Meetup page (must be signed into Meetup to view).
Your personal donations (and company sponsorships) to Eau Claire InfoSec are greatly valued! Your financial assistance is incredibly helpful in spreading the awareness of our group to the local communities in and around Eau Claire that can benefit from the knowledge sharing that happens in our group!
Please consider donating to Eau Claire InfoSec using the below PayPal method (you may also use a credit/debit card if you don’t have a PayPal account.) You may also donate directly to us in cash/check at the next event. Or you can join us on Patreon to donate.
Company Sponsorship Levels:
- All benefits of Gold, Silver, and Bronze Level sponsorship including:
- Special Designation of Platinum Level Sponsor
- Larger company logo displayed
- Platinum Level Sponsorship: $1,000 for 6 months. (Limited Quantity Available.)
- All benefits of Silver and Bronze sponsorship levels including:
- For our recorded presentations – your company logo & company name will be displayed at the start and ending of the video recording during the “This presentation made possible by our sponsors:” section. Video presentations are uploaded to YouTube, and our website ECinfoSec for the community and the world to benefit from forever.
- Gold Level Sponsorship: $750 for 6 months
- All benefits of Bronze sponsorship level including:
- Company provided handout (or other promotional material) made available to attendees at monthly events
- Silver Level Sponsorship: $500 for 6 months
- The satisfaction that your company is sponsoring an event that is helping bolster the cyber security of local people and companies in the Chippewa Valley.
- Your company name, logo, and link to your company’s website listed as a sponsor (displaying what level of support you are providing) on our ECInfoSec’s Meetup.com page, and our webpage at ECinfosec.com.
- Acknowledgment and thanking of our valued sponsors during Monthly Meetups, in the email invitation to members, and also displayed on the Meetup event page.
- Bronze Level Sponsorship: $250 for 6 months
Question And Answer (Q&A):
Question: If I donate, how are my funds used?
- You can help grow EC InfoSec by spreading the word about our Information Security group through online advertisements targeting local people (using platforms like Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn ads.) Funds will assist in mailing out/handing out informational material to the local businesses in the Eau Claire area about our group. The more people we can get coming to our group – the more awareness and assistance we can provide local companies and people around issues of cyber security.
- You can help cover the cost of the venue where we meet at and host our meetings. Right now we are using Lazy Monk. They won’t charge us for the venue as long as people purchase $80 worth of their products – otherwise we have to pay for the difference. We often max out the room of Lazy Monk – and we want to move to a bigger venue, however other venues charge a flat fee.
- You can help cover the cost of our Meetup.com fee’s for using their service to organize and announce our events.
- You can help cover the cost of audio and visual recording equipment and software so we can record our presentations and post them online to benefit more people.
- You can help us provide educational and helpful security themed prize giveaways to attendees. We would love to give away proven cyber security resources such as books and learning material to attendees.
- You can help us be a good host to our attendees by providing food, drinks, and snacks to attendees at the event. (Such as Pizza and non-alcoholic drinks.)
Question: I can’t donate much…. should I donate at all?
Answer: Every little bit helps! Even a dollar! Instead of one large donation, consider doing an automated monthly donation of a small amount using the PayPal button above.
Question: Please explain your corporate/company sponsorships?
Answer: We greatly welcome companies in considering donating to us. You can show that your company cares about cyber security, and our local community by making a company sponsorship. In return for donations from companies we provide several things in return based on the level of giving. Drop us an email using our Contact Us form located here if you wish to know more.
Question: If my company donates money, can I give a sales pitch to your attendees about my product/service/company?
Answer: We have a strict “no sales pitch” rule for our speakers and sponsors. We want to make our meetings educational and helpful, and not a platform for sponsors to sell their products and services to our attendees. Not to say sponsors can’t talk or present at our events – but their talks shouldn’t be about selling their product/service, it must be about knowledge sharing!
Any other questions give us a shout out on our Contact Us page.